Popular Mens Short Hairstyles
Having a cut that’s trendy isn’t as simple as it used to be. Many men are taking the extra time to add a little flair to their otherwise short and boring look. While some may think that having a plain, clean haircut will land them the next promotion or help them stand out in a crowd, think again. Making a unique style one-of-a-kind is one of the easiest ways to get noticed in a society that loves hair.
Dashing Mens Short Hairstyles
Just a Little Body
Consider adding body to the front of your hair to create an intriguing look. This appearance is one of the perfect crosses between professional and the bed head look. This is a very common mens short hairstyle that is very simple to make your own, simply by modifying the first couple of locks.
- Comb hair, making a small part diagonally.
- Style the hair towards the front of the part, teasing it upwards.
- Apply a natural shine gel with a firm hold to the front of the hair.
- Blow dry.
This look builds on the popular bedhead look, but instead defines it by adding spikes in the right places. The spiky hair is not over done or overly distracting, so it is still a suitable style in a professional environment. Those with dry or thin hair should be prepared to add styling mousse to achieve the body on the sides of the head.
- Comb the sides of your hair.
- Apply a medium-strength holding gel to your hair as you move the strands upward.
- Air dry.
- Apply a light hair spray as needed to keep the spikes defined during the day.
Sometimes, all you need is to add a bit of flair to mens short hairstyles in order to make it your own. This style keeps the traditional cut, but adds a medium-length patch of hair on the top of the head. This helps to draw attention to the face and show the world that you mean business. As a bonus, keeping up with this professional style requires little maintenance.
- Apply your favorite product to front patch to add body.
- Comb a light gel into the hair. Use the comb in an up and down motion to get the hair standing up.
- Air dry.
Smooth and Luscious
This smooth look is achieved in a similar way as the classic look. The hair is cut short, except for a patch of hair on the top of the head. This patch is kept long and layered to add body, rather than simply combed and styled. Regular trims are required to keep the sides of the head defined. The luscious look requires a lot of care, but the ultimate result is worth it.
- Comb in your favorite hair care products.
- Comb the hair backwards as you blow dry.
- Tease hair with a bit of mousse for body.
- Use a high-gloss hair spray to finish.
If you enjoyed reading this article about Popular Mens Short Hairstyles then try these out here: